PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, We just joined you

stevenlit
05-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I just wanted to open by saying hello to everyone and telling you a little about us

I retired three years ago and enjoy the house-husband duties while my wife still works. I've been a long time member of the RV.Net forums. We bought our Scenic Cruiser almost 3 years ago and have put almost 15K miles on it. Denice still works so we are yet in the short term vacation mode. Hopefully, in a year, we'll be able to head out for greater adventures. Since our rig was not first put on the road until August, 2002, we're still under Cummins and Allison warranties, which has been a nice comfort to us.

We recently became parents again after losing our wonderful Papillon's to heart failure six months apart. Her name is Cookie and she's an 8 year old 1/2 papillon-1/2 long haired Dauchsund. We adopted her as a rescue and it's one of the best things that's happened to us.

We've not had any serious problems with the Scenic except for a failed E-brake (covered under warranty) and losing some coolant crossing the Cascades. We had to have it trucked down the mountain by Good Sam ERS. We were lucky to find a mechanic on Memorial Day weekend in Sisters, Oregon. He found all the coolant hose nuts to be loose (probably since new) and it was only a matter of time before we had the problem. He charged us next to nothing relatively speaking and we've not had a problem since.

We're members of Good Sam and FMCA. We're going to the Redmond FMCA rally in Redmond, Oregon this coming August. Hope to see you there.

That's enough for now. Thanks for the forum.

djqualls
05-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I enjoy the GS related information and light spirited banter here and Hope you will as well.

Dave..........

GStream40
05-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Steve,

Welocme to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum! :)

Enjoyed your informational post about yourself and family. Hope to read more of your travels.

Losing pets can be a great loss, after all they are a family member. We have a 11 year old Papillon, Tobie, that still acts and plays like a pup. Hopefully he will be with us many more years in our travels. After all, it is his coach and he allows us to use it. :lol:

It is great to hear that you've had such great service from your Scenic Cruiser, it is a very nice coach.

Ron

coolchas11
05-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi, Steve. Welcome and hope you continue with our forum. We've only been rving about two years and have learned a great deal from all the members. You mentioned passing thru the cascades. Are these the Washington cascades? I just yesterday finished reading The White Cascade about the Great Northern Railroad and the Wellington avalanche of 1910. Charlie

stevenlit
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Thank you all.

Charlie, we were going over the Santiam (pronounced san-tea-am) Pass in the Oregon Cascades when we had our overheating incident. Though only 4900 feet, the pass is a pretty good climb. We've also crossed at the Willamette Pass near the Central Oregon Cascades. Friday, we'll be crossing Stevens Pass in the Washington Cascades as we head for Leavenworth, WA for the weekend.

coolchas11
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Stevens Pass--that's the place. Railroad ran through that area and was stranded in Wellington (now Tye). I envy your trip, Charlie