PDA

View Full Version : Trail Master Owners

nandj1966
06-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Hello All! We're new here. :)

We just bought a "new to us" Gulf Stream and can hardly wait to get it. Hubby is on his way now to pick it up in another state. :D

I'm sure we will have lots of questions. You seem like nice folks, so hopefully, we can rely on ya'll for answers :lol:

Anyone out there own a Trail Master?

Timothy
06-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Welome to the forum and congratulations on the new camper! :D
Feel free to ask any questions you have, there is a pretty knowledgable bunch here.

nandj1966
06-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :)

coolchas11
06-08-2007, 08:03 PM
We are all here to help one another. Charlie

nandj1966
06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Well, we now have our GS Trail Master (It's a 2005, but new to us) in our driveway. Yippee!! :D We are impressed at how well it is made. Smooth fiberglass outside; thoroughly insulated roof, sides & floor; heated storage tanks; the LP gas tanks are hidden (I've never seen that before in a TT!) Slide out storage tray. . .lots of hidden surprises! Hubby thinks we can go anywhere in this -- cold states or hot, we'll be good to go.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the cabinets -- there are only a few! However, it is a "lite" version, so I guess GS has to limit the amount of "stuff" you can put inside so they can keep the weight down. :lol: It will be tricky trying to find places for the stuff we just can't do without. Our last one was an Airstream Motorhome. You can't believe ALL the storage places they have. So we've kinda gone DOWN to a travel trailer & there IS a difference in the 2 (IMHO).

There were several things wrong with it, but they were simple to fix.
Slide out - wouldn't :lol: but a TT friend checked it out and then gave it a good bump -- it works! (DH was afraid to do that -- it's our 1st slide.)

A/C wouldn't come on. A/C repairman checked it out, (yep!) gave it a good bump -- it works!

Water faucet on the tub would not turn off. Had to get parts from another town. DH will repair that himself.

I think the patio light cover is missing, will need to replace that. But it looks brand new inside And smells new, too! We are excited, can you tell? :lol:

We simply cannot wait to go camping it it, but we'll have to -- this Sunday is Father's Day! Kids & grandkids will need to see their Dad/Pop.