PDA

View Full Version : Camp Memberships - Worth the money or not?

nandj1966
07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
We need to get some kind of camping/service membership -- there are lots of clubs out there. Which one do ya'll recommend? :?

We were members of Good Sam a few yrs back. It will get you a couple of $ off the lot rent. :wink:

Which one offers the most discount at campgrounds? What kind of membership do you have and what other features does yours offer that you found most helpful?

Arthur Hayes
07-09-2007, 04:04 PM
From what I read, you are familiar with Good Sam's and the 10% discount offered at participating parks. We also use FMCA which also gets you a 10% discount at participating parks. Passport America is different, parks that accept it allow up to 50% off the first night. You have to check for blackout dates and other restrictions.
Campground memberships is another subject, there you buy the membership and pay annual maintenance fees. Good for some people, but you have to decide if it is going to be of value to your lifestyle.

Maggie
07-09-2007, 06:49 PM
We use Passport America, cost $44.00 a year. Camper World also has a
good program. Neither covers all campgrounds. You need to check to see which one covers the campgrounds in the areas you want to go to.
Passport has the campgrouds we like. Camper World doesn't. We do find it saves us money. We saved over $100.00 in one week in Florida.

Maggie
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I forgot to mention that you could chrck Passports listing of campgrounds on the web site. www.passportamerica.com (http://www.passportamerica.com). I think Camperworld also has theirs on the web site.

nandj1966
07-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the replies! :D
I'll check those out.