PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioner/Generator/Electrical question

edanddoris
08-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Hello, this is our first post to this forum. We have a 2004 Gulfstream Crescendo, Deisel motor home. We recently went on our first cross country trip from Washington State to Raleigh, NC. Everyone made it safe and sound. The motor home handled well with the exception of the generator. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong or what I'm doing wrong.

When the motor home is on the road (in motion), and we turn the generator on, we are not getting any electricity. (we were trying to run our airconditoner) No other electrical outlets worked either.

When the motor home is parked and the engine is off, we don't have any problems with generator power. All outlets work as usual.

Thanks in advance for any help or information you all may provide!

Ed and Doris

rdlamb
08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi:
Had similar problem. Look at your generator. If it is the 7500 quiet diesel Onan the switch is on the R side of the generator just below the coolant chamber & the oil check.

The way GS wires their coaches, the generator usually has two 37 amps circuits. If you try to run more than 37 amps on one circuit it will throw the switch. Have figured out that the A/C's are on one circuit but do not know what is on that circuit with them.

Good luck
Rick