PDA

View Full Version : tourmaster batteries

trickto322
08-22-2007, 12:10 AM
We just returned from a month long boondock trip. Never did this with a motorhome. the only problem was the batteries. We would run our generator during the day with the invertor on "charge". When 11:00 pm came it was quiet time so we put the invertor on for the electric only fridge. The only other drain on the batteries was front tv "red light" (cannot disconnect) and the co2 detector. the next morning the batteries would always be dead. Any ideas??????????

djqualls
08-22-2007, 12:14 AM
It seems that the GE refridgerator really pulls the juice. Mine lasts less than a day on invertor as well. I plan to put new better wuality golf car batteries in as well.

Did you check the water regularly in the batteries?

I know it seems counter productive but... I keep cold packs in the freezer and put them in the fridge side when I want to stay on the invertor for a while and turn both thermostats to warmest setting to keep the fridge from cycling on so much.

Hope that helps.

Dave......

GO BLUE
08-22-2007, 06:17 AM
how many batteries do you have??? my 07 now has 8 with two just for the fridge....they claim i should be able to run it 67 hours .....we'll see

djqualls
08-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I have 4 golf cart style 6 volt battereis that power the invertor located in the front of the coach. Then two 12 volt batteries that run the 12 stuff in the coach and two 12 volt batteries for the chassis related stuff like engine and lights, steps etc...

trickto322
08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I have:
(2)12 volt (Deka marine group 27) for 12v stuff
(2)12 volt(Alliance) starting batteries
(4)6 volt (Deka pro master) for the inverter
I don't know where or if I have a set up just for the fridge. Right now the 4 (6) volts are just for the fridge and it does not hold. :(
I never heard of Deka, maybe thats the problem

GO BLUE
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
last two coaches i had (tiffin and winnebago) i switched batteries in the first six months to optima's never a problem after...........