View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 11:40 AM   #6
Bike Dr

Sure thing! I just cut an 1 1/8 socket down and welded a piece of flat stock to it. That allowed the clearance needed to slide the tool between the front axle and under the nut on the bottom of the air bag. It's mentioned to drop the front axle to gain room to work but it was much easier to not have to mark everything to make sure it all went back in line. But I touched only the bolts on the bag and did not have to tear it all apart.. job made easy!! You might think an offset wrench would do it but not that lucky.. I will try and upload some pictures
Note the angle cut on the back was needed for the new bags. The bottom bolt was slightly longer so the angle was to be able to angle the tool enough to get it back out after tightening the nut.
I have to add for the sake of safety PLEASE use cribbing or heavy jack stands while you are under your coach! We only get one lifeĦ be safe anytime you are underneath!!!!
Dump the air on the system raise it up about 6 to 8" on the leveling jacks then crib or jack stand the frame and let the wheels stay right on the ground and the bag will come right out with a small bar to compress the bag enough to pop it out...one air fitting and 2 bolts is a it is. Reinstall the same way you Removed it noticing the air fitting face the correct direction..
Good luck!!!

2005 41' Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220724_122110.jpg (463.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20220724_121908.jpg (591.7 KB, 6 views)
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote