View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
ken1373

Default Motor Home Insurance

I have used Gilbert for several years and found them very efficient to deal with. They represent Progressive among others. What has always confused me is how Gilbert consistently gives me better pricing for Progressive than Progressive themselves give me for the exact same coverage? I guess I am insurance challenged.

One thing you might want to check into, at least for the first couple of years with a new motor home, is replacement cost vs. depreciated value cost. Yes, ithe replaacement cost coverage is more expensive; but, you owe it to yourself to weigh the pros and cons. A new motor home is NOT an investment per se and the value drops like a rock. Think about what you are paying for the motor home and what you would receive via depreciated value method . The time to proyect yourself from a god forbid casualty is up front, good luck however you elect to prtoceed...

BTW, I chose replacement cost coverage and then to offset the higher premium costs I elected to take higher deductibles as I was looking for majort casualy coverage and not be filing claims for the nickle dime stuff....Ken