View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 09:10 PM   #1
USA1

Default 19ERD Water Capacity

We bought a 19 ERD and the specs say it should have a 27 gal. water capacity. Well the tank is only 15 gal. at best and the hot water tank is 6 gal. then maybe a gallon in the lines. At best we have 22 gallons of water. I called the company to inquire about the tank size. I gave them the dimensions for the tank and they said that is the correct tank for the trailer. When I questioned the capacity against the specs listed the rep said well you have a gallon in the lines and 6 gal in the hot water tank. When I explained that was 22 gal. not 27 he didn't really have an explanation. So we are disappointed at the false data given by the specs. We did not get what we paid for.

We camped on our property to test things out. My wife sparingly washed some dishes and we used the restroom as needed. We each took a shower by only getting wet and turning off the water to lather up. Then quickly rinsed. By that time the water was pretty much gone. In cases of travel where we my have to stay at a Wal Mart or boondock at a national park that extra 5 gal we are shorted would have came in handy.

Have any of you noticed the false specs against what you actually have? 22 gal just isn't much to go on.
USA1 is offline   Reply With Quote