View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #23
gsadmin

Default Re: Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
I made it so it just lifts out because also in that area is the converter and the transfer switch. Wish the bed had struts to hold it up but at the present I use a prop.
Be careful of propping that up...i nearly broke my neck on that. As you know, the bed base and mattress weighs alot. I used a mop and the weight of the bed folded it in half and it slipped out. This is another pet peeve i have on my coach. I mean, really, how much would it have cost to do this (put in a proper support)? How much will the lawsuit be when someone does break their neck on this and die or worse yet turn into Christopher Reeve?

I have the same beef with five of my exterior comparments that do not have struts. I have pointed this out to my dealer/service as well as GS directly and was told this was how the coach was "designed".

So far, this design has caused me a sore neck from the bed compartment when the support i jimmyed slipped out and one knot on my head when the same thing happened to me on my electrical compartment when someone got in the RV while i was working, and the weight shift dislodged my makeshift support.

This is yet another thing that the factory should take responsibility for and fix IMO. Again, how much will a lawsuit cost them...especially since they now know it is an issue from me and others bringing it to their attention...can you spell negligence?
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote