View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
RayChez1

The heat pumps and the air conditioners are the same unit. You will have in your thermostat zone one and zone two if you have to air conditioners with heat pumps like mine. Zone one is the heat pump in the bedroom and zone two is the heat pump in the front of the coach. If you are hooked up to 50 amp I can use both front and back, but on my coach if I am hooked up to 30 amp I can only use one at a time. Now lets say you want to use the one in the front. You set your thermostat at what ever temperature you want and set it at Auto. It will take like 60 seconds and then it will start and gradually heat up to the temperature you set your thermostat. It will maintain that temperature until it falls below thirty five degrees, then it will automaticly switch to FURNACE. I hardly ever use the furnace unless I am in real cold country below thirty five degrees. Now as to how the heat pump works, that I am not sure. I believe somebody told me that the air conditioner works in reverse. But I am not sure. Mine work really good and I save a lot on propane. Outside temperature does not effect it unless it drops way down below 35 degrees.
Hope that helps you.
Ray
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote