View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Dave,

Is there black clouds hanging over you or what since you purchased the TM?

Thank goodness no one was seriously injured that is known. I believe you did the best thing and let the lawyer handle it. High performance car with a low performance brain, not a good mix and with children in the car!

You got some good advice about having Frieghtliner check the frame, also have the alignment checked at all axle postions along with the ride height.

Make sure the frame work that Gulf Stream installs onto the chassis is also checked along with the compartment flooring. I would also have all the bolts fasteners checked for the generator frame. Get a visual inspection of the cabinets to make sure none were loosened or shifted.

In other words a complete inspection of every inch of the coach from front to back looking for impact damage.

Keep us informed of what is happening.

Ron

PS: I just reread your posts about the doors on the opposite side of the coach coming open, it makes me believe that the force was transfered thru the lower compartment framework that Gulf Stream installed. I would definitely have this framing for the compartments looked at and inspected throughly, it could be bent or cracked from the force it received. The force was so great that it made the doors unlatch and open, I would think that it probably did do damage IMHO.
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote