View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
darbyjudy

Default Brakes locking up

David after I lost the brakes from the rear calipers heating up I have been very careful and try to notice everything. When the rear calipers locked up the first thing I noticed was it had no power and would not go into overdrive as the brakes were holding it back. Also after I stopped and opened the door I could smell them.
Now with the left front I noticed that I had a little shimmy when stopping and again the smell. It appeared that this left front one would heat up after stopping at several red lights in a row. So when ever I noticed the shimmy when stopping I would get the temp. gun out and see how hot the rotor was compared to the other three. The last time I had the problem the left front rotor was 500 degrees and the others around 200 degrees, so I knew the left front was sticking. What is strange I could let it set for about 30 min. to cool off then continue on without any problem. One time I was going through Dothan, Al and it happened, I pulled over took the temp and verified that it was the left front, I then let it set for about 30