View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 09:16 PM   #4
NavyLCDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyt View Post
Thanks for the # NavyLCDR !!
I hope they give you a reasonable answer. I bought a truck from a dealership in Oregon. They gave me a temporary license (registration tag). It was going to expire in 7 days so I asked the Oregon DMV if I would be legal to drive the truck after the temporary tag expired because I had paid all the fees to the dealership for license and registration. Oregon came back and told me that it would be illegal for me to drive the truck on public roads after the temporary tag expired, but I could pay something like $80 to get a trip permit to drive another 30 days.

I told them to pack sand. I paid the dealer the full fees required to register and license the truck, and it was not my responsibility to pay to extend it because the state of Oregon could not issue registration and plates in the time required for them to do so according to state law, and if I got a ticket for the expired temporary tag, I would meet them in court with the defense that I paid all fees for license and registration and it was Oregon state government negligence that they did not issue registration and plates within the required timeframe.

I drove the truck on the expired temporary tag for two weeks when I finally received the plates from Oregon DMV.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote