View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 06:22 AM   #15
AppliedThinking

Default More BigFoot Lessons Learned - Passenger side Front

Well its sad to say that passenger side front was not easier. The storage container was brought all the way to the old unit. That means the new tank/control box would not fit. I had to take a high speed die grinder and cut the corner out of the storage box in 2in. The cut was aprox 7in across and 10in high. After I removed the corner, I was then able to mount the tank/control box to the cylinder flange. Folks this was not fun!
I will have to figure a way to seal the storage container as that is where my large marine inverter/charger is mounted with all the cables.

One small positive, I was able to reroute the #4 battery supply and control lines using the existing cable entry on the box. I still need to fill the new tank and bleed the extend line for air. The final thing will be the new tank box covers. I will have to notch the driver side cover for the cable/hose run.

I do not look forward to replacing the two rear units. There is even less real estate to work with. Especially the driver side rear with the fuel tank fill and lines. I will take the two older cylinders to a local hydraulic shop and see if they can overhaul/reseal them. The pump assy appears to be the same. Well now, I have plenty of parts to work with.

It will be done before Christmas if my aching back hold up. ha ha

Regards, JohnF
AppliedThinking is offline   Reply With Quote