View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 11:01 PM   #46
SlimTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvlwolf View Post
ST, I appreciated all of the information that you have provided with this thread. We picked up our 08 6400 in 2017 and have been debating a re-power since our first trip to Colorado that year. I have looked at the Hypermax but with the limited torque capability of the tranny I am a little leery.

Have you been able to get yours out on the road since the install and if so what kind of difference did it make; performance and fuel economy wise?

Have you done any other upgrades since you picked yours up. We are seriously thinking of installing a Kelderman rear air suspension to help with the ride.

We are still trying to figure out what works and doesn't so if anyone has any good tips it would be greatly appreciated.
Wvlwolf - unfortunately I have not had an opportunity to take the 6400 on a long trip since doing the Repower. I am hoping to take it out this spring and summer.

My 6400 has the rear air ride installed on it and I can’t say enough good things about it. I have driven mine with the air bags deflated and the air suspension makes a night and day difference.

In regards to the Repower the longest trip I have done with the new engine and transmission has been 30 miles. The new engine makes it way nicer to drive, but it’s still not a performance machine. I need to buy a new TCM before I take it out again.

If you like your 08 and you don’t have the desire to upgrade to a Renagrade or some other RV with the bigger engine and air ride I would do the Air Ride first and then look at the repower.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote