View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #16
Texas TC

Here we go:
1. It took Southwest International a little over a day to install my system. I am quite sure your guys can handle the job. The main thing is to have the lifts to jack the chassis up with while the wheels are removed and the leaf springs are repositioned to ride in the new carrier.

2. I was at Southwest International last week to have my preventive maintenance done and they had brochures for the 4200 chassis. It now has the MaxxForce 7 engine. I was told that this engine replaced the VT365 primarily to meet the new emission standards. The 6.4L does not have any more hp than ours but is burdened with some additional emission equipment.

3. I have not seen a need for air suspension seats. Ours are pretty soft and comfortable. I would change the rear suspension before I made a decision to go to the air seats.

4. I am very surprised you have had problems with the Allison 2500MH transmission. That is one of the strongest components on the drive train. It is made to successfully handle the full GCWR of 33000 pounds which is over-sized for most of our applications.

5. I have sent two emails to American Carrier Equipment concerning their proposed adjustment to my installation and have not got a response from them. If a minor change is required, I would certainly like to know what should be done.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

(whew, my fingers are out of breath)

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote