View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 10:10 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrass604 View Post
I have a 1997 Tourmaster with the M11 engine. I have had it over 2 years. Most repairs shops will not work on an RV older than 10 years and the few that do are a pain. I took it in for service in 2019 for an oil change and new tires. They quoted me $26k, new batteries, new roof, genset overhaul, etc. I called and said I only want an oil change and new tires. the genset runs great (I serviced it before bringing in), the roof does not leak and the batteries are only 1 year old. They said OK, they just thought it would be a good idea to replace everything while it was there (??). The oil and tire change took 6 weeks and they charged full price for everything. I am hoping to find someone, preferably mobile, to do periodic work at a reasonable price. Any suggestions?
Can I say your experience only reinforces my advice to never goto a Dealer?

TIP: Get on the internet and look for TRUCK SHOPS, (many towns, usually very close (1-3-MILES?) to the RV dealers?). When you put into phone Contacts, put "(RV?)" in description or Notes, and after compiling a LIST, then go thru and call them all and discuss possibilities/ services, and then you can change it to read either (RV) or (RV+) or (RV=NO) (or remove RV note, but the (RV=No) confirms in future that you called/ discussed). Then a Search of contacts for "RV" gives a LIST. TIP 2: You can do the SIMILAR w/ a LIST of MOBILE MECHANICS and MOBILE RV TECHS. E.g. In my conversations, Mobile Mechanics do NOT work on RV systems, and RV TECHS do NOT work on RV engines For Techs, start search on Internet w/ "RVIA", to get Certified Techs.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE