Thread: Yes I Did !!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #9
GStream40
Site Team

Two of the best electrical items I ever purchased for the RV were the 30amp/15amp "cheater" so that we can use the 30 amp plug and 15 amp plug at the same time as described earlier. Of course this will not work if the CG outlet is protected by a ground fault.

The other thing was the Progressive Industries energy management system. It not only protects the coach electrical system from power surges, but low voltage, high voltage, incorrect CG wiring, and has a readout to tell you all the information PLUS the readout also tells you how many amps you are using.

This is really helpful when plugged into just a 30 amp service. One would be surprised at the amps that are being used with nothing turned on in the coach just for the inverter charger for the batteries.

http://www.progressiveindustries.net/Default.asp

We also cannot use the convection oven and AC unless we shut off all the other electrical items, hot water tank especially, when hooked up to 30 amp. But I have also found out that when one first plugs in the charger for the batteries draws a lot of amps until the batteries are fully charged, usually close to 15 amps. So the first hour we don't even try to use the convection oven since it also is a very high amp draw when only plugged into 30 amp service.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote