View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
RJ82much

Curtis & Diana,

Welcome to our small GS Owner's group. You indicated in your email that there was a problem... & it is kind of a doozy, isn't it? There is, unfortunately, that common thread that when you need factory support, it seems to be either absent, or very difficult to obtain. It is usually required because of impossible dealer relations. ie: drive huge distances many many times, followed by "claims" of no factory support & the need for big sums of $'s to fix things that should never need fixing in the first place. And there you stand. Many of us have been there, seen that.

With persistance, there is likelyhood that you will get satisfaction, but it is going to take an effort on your part. Good move on the Brian Shea email, though don't hold your breath.

I will email you information about another route that sometimes is successful, but we have to wait to see if there is a response from or via the head of the company.

Our single-peice countertop did not crack, but was installed improperly. One end was up in the air, held only by adhesive to the wall. Our LongView, CT dealer said it would be too expensive to repair, that the factory would never cover it - so they never asked. They did, however, re-attach molding crooked so that the counter didn't "look" so crooked relative to the stove. (Hacks). Our sink covers delaminated. They couldn't replace them because that color was no longer available. So, they scraped off the delaminated portion (fake cutting board) & instructed us to leave that side down. The mismatched color & thickness stove cover couldn't be replaced for the same reason. The point is, the dealer will say anything to avoid contact with the factory... "Why?" I wonder. I believe they feel that the factory warantee shop rate for their labor is too low - maybe $65/hr. These dealers want upwards to $125/hr which they can only get from you.

The dealership made many claims that they couldn't get responses from the factory... True? Who knows?

There are likely others on the forum who will jump in with some solid suggestions. Good Luck

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote