View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Chuck v

Well, I used the flush valves on the tanks when I did a final dump before putting the coach into the rented storage building. Just used a short hose from a washing machine fill hookup, as I do not have the part that came originally with the coach that accepts the 'tablets' as noted above. Easy enough to do the flushing, and by using an accessory clear section of tubing on the waste fitting before putting the corrugated hose on I was able to see when the flush water added through the valve was running clear out of the waste fitting.

It still did not improve the tank level reading accuracy any -- gray tank shows one lit and black tank shows 3 out of four lit. Guess I will just have to look into a SeeLevel II monitor or similar...hate to spend that much or get that involved in modifications to just know what should be a standard informational function of a coach of this category. For now, I will just use the coach for short trips, but as we contemplate longer excursions an accurate and reliable level reading gets more important.

For those of you that spend many days in your rig between moves to another park, etc do you use the flush valves each time you drain the tanks? Do you drain on a time of use/number of occupants basis rather than trust the level lights in the panel?? TIA for any insights...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote