Thread: Solar
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #8
rdlamb

Hi Dave
Move the TV's electrical plug from the black, TV electrical box to an unregulated electrical outlet and try using it on the inverter. If this does not change your problem:
There is a switch box, to select which TV and what component you are going to run through to the selected TV. This never seemed to work correctly for me and I finally threw it out.

I changed my TV to a 32" Sony Bravida, and gave the Jensen to my son. When we wired the Jensen to my son's wall, I noticed it required a converter. It seems the Jensen is a 12 volt TV and requires an in-line converter. GS had wired the Bedroom TV (also Jensen) into 12v directly, but left the converter on the 32" behind the cab TV.

Replacing the TV and taking more care to zip-tie cables and lines resulted in a no 'rattle, thunk, and other sounds' that had previously resounded from the upper cabinet.

Also, check with the Jensen's owner's manual. There is a troubleshooting section which may help.

If everything fails, I can tell you how I changed the TV to a HD setup, got rid of the selector box and ran the Sony Theatre/Home DVD player and cable system directly into the TV's. In the end, I have HD tv's in the cab and bedroom.

Safe Travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote