View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Spent several hours in the motor home

Yesterday morning I backed the motor home out from under the shelter so I could open the bedroom slide out. I have a 2004 Sunvoyager with three slides.
I have had an ongoing problem with the drawers breaking. It is always the plastic end that holds the drawer slides. The way the factory installed them looked like a 6 year old did it. The drawer slides were only in the end caps about 1/2 inch and they were screwed on to the wallboard with two screws. Every time I went out in it lately one would break and the drawer would fall. Well I pulled out all the drawers and looked the situation over. Went to Loews and bought 1 x 3 lumber and installed a piece of the lumber behind the plastic ends, Now the drawer slides goes into the end piece about 1 1/2 inches and is a lot stronger. Also I was able to find medal to screw the boards onto the wall. Also I put four screws w/washers in each plastic end piece, and used new end pieces. If it breaks now I don't know what to do unless you could find medal end pieces. I feel I did a good job and I think it will be fine now. I have did all the drawers except in the kitchen & I have had no trouble with them yet. But I am ready if I do.