View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #11
Colorado350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1931 View Post
There is no way I would have ever left the dealership with the trailer! You take it back, give them one more chance to fix it. Tell the dealer that if they ask you to take it again without a fix, you will involve the State Police!
The Dealer can not ask you to take a vehicle without working brakes. If there is an accident! You and only you would be responsible for any and all damages! Just ask your insurance company! Both of those ideas will put a big challenge on to the dealership!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1931 View Post
Colorado350
In reading your lengthy response to a question, that has probably causes for the owner of the trailer to be sued if in an accident while towing his New Trailer Without Brakes and knowing it doesn’t. Reading your response is like saying, path your trailer on these Rail Road Tracks and nothing will happen! Oh! And disregard the arms that comedown, Red Flashing Llghts, and the Ringing Bells, Just believe me the bright light you see won’t hurt your travel trailer. Colorado350 the above is the same as your response. The Dealership has been given more than two chances to get it right! They haven’t! If this were me I wouldn’t tow that trailer across the street with out brakes. Although I would sell my insurance company and ask them what I should do. If I didn’t get a good response from them I would move forward with all the other options I listed in my last post. The way I see it, the least you could do is offer to tow it for them and let your insurance cover an accident if their is one. Some times I wish there was a Dum ___ button on here
Mike, nowhere in either of my posts did I mention driving away without the brakes working. I simply communicated that there are reasonable causes for brakes not working and that rather than threatening The dealership to call the State police those reasons should be looked into and They may well be the solution to the problem. Do you see the difference there? I offered potential solutions you on the other hand offered nothing!
It’s not that they have not figured out the brake issue for the OP it’s just they have not figured out the brake issue YET! The OP as an adult is perfectly capable of telling the Dealership he/she he’s not comfortable taking the RV home without the brakes working. I’m also sure that if he clearly communicated to the dealership that I do not feel comfortable burning that coating off the brakes myself, I would prefer you to do it… That they would do it for him.
I’m Sure if the OP called the state police they would ACTUALLY send a Trooper to the Dealership and demand they fix the brakes, because they have nothing better to do then stuff like that. Now, that’s of course after they quit laughing over getting a phone call so ridiculous.

I don’t know where your analogy came from with the whole railroad track thing?Regarding your your last comment...sorry but the Forum wasn’t aware you don’t know how to use the quote button but a dumb button would work for you too I suppose. You keep typing and offering suggestions of phones calls, threats etc, The rest of us will offer real solutions.