View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 12:30 PM   #2
pwerwagn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Hi, I'm new here and will soon be new to the world of motorhomes. I'm planning to move up from travel trailers next year and am basically looking for the shortest motorhome I can find that can tow 15K. This has lead me to look into the Super Nova 6331, specifically late 2000's. I can't quite swing a new one of these suckers yet. My question is, how do they tow? I realize they are RATED for 15K towing, which is great, but I live in Colorado and I'm hoping that I won't be doing 15mph up the mountains here when I slap a truck or jeep on a trailer behind it. Heat could also be a concern. My setup will likely be a flatbed trailer with an F150 Raptor on it or a Jeep and a couple of sportbikes. Either way, counting a couple other widgets the max I'd probably be towing would be around 11-12K. Can anyone give me some good insight on what kind of performance to expect? Obviously I won't be breaking any land speed records, but I don't want to be suffering at a snails pace either.

Thanks!
It seems like some people have great luck towing with these, and others dont. Mine is the 6372 so a little heavier than the 6331. Im ~22K empty. I have towed 10K behind mine and it hated me, but fully loaded and towing that I am over GCWR. We travel from ~albuquerque to silverton often, and while it makes it to silverton, it is much happier doing it without a load. I am not fully confident that mine is running correctly, so dont take my one data point as gospel. I feel like mine *should* run much better than it does, and I'll keep throwing parts at it until I figure it out.

I have zero issues with it overheating. Water temp usually runs ~195-205, and Oil temp never goes over ~219. Trans always stays really cool. EGT's stock would max out around 1150ish, with the TSMP8 they would go up to 1250 occasionally (with the stock exhaust).

I don't think any of the models can really truly tow 15K, with the GCWR being 33K. I would assume even the 6331 empty cant be much lighter than 20K?

--Jeff