View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 07:09 PM   #17
Colorado350

I removed the 15’ power cord with a Smart Plug. I cut the cord off leaving 30” in the camper and wired the Smart Plug to the pigtail on the camper. I mounted the plug to a piece of expanded PVC then mounted that on the camper.
The Smart Plug cord is 30 amp twist lock so that fits the generator perfectly BUT it leaves 2 potential issues.
1) Unless I want add a 30 amp twist lock outlet to the house I needed a way to plug the camper into a 15 amp outlet.
2) Although I never camp at Campground ‘s, I also needed a way to be able to plug the shore power in to a 30 amp RV outlet if needed.

So I used 5’ of the cord I cut off the camper and made a pigtail adapter for the 30 amp twist lock to 15 amp house plug (yellow plugs)
I was going to use the rest of the cord I cut off to make another pigtail for the 30 amp twist lock to the 30 and RV male plug (green plug) but I actually found an adapter on Amazon for cheaper than I can buy the 30 amp L5 plug from Lowe’s.