View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
ummalterman

Default Ride Level Air suspension.

Hi! no, I'm an ex-professional trucker and an English advanced driver so I don't ride the brakes (or clutch, over here) it just started to drop on the guage, quite alarming as I watched the pressure fall away, because I know the brakes would come on below a certain pressure level and we'd be unable to move without airing up the system.

I assumed it was an air leak somewhere, but discovered that the purge valve (Haldex) was blowing off when it reached 135 psi, then gradually over about a minute, down to around 65 psi. Then it builds up again.

It does this all the time whilst idling, in other words..excessive cycling, as I believe it's supposed to blow off occasionally, just not constantly.
The Haldex website is useful but a little confusing as to which remedy I need. The parts would have to be shipped from the States and would be very expensive so I don't want to spend on something incorrect. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

As far as ride level goes, I'm only talking of maybe two inches, not enough to upset handling..but I take your point. The coach does ride very well on the road, just wish my seat swivel wasn't so worn...if I turn left I swivel to the right slightly! I'll soon cure that though.

I'm doing quite a major re-vamp inside, Very low wattage LED lighting, white & chrome ceiling panelling, exchanging the AWFUL plastic seating for some upmarket Lexus leather, LED Panel tvs. etc., the list goes on.
Not very impressed with GS quality when you strip stuff down..rather slipshod to be honest, the one thing that can be said about US RV's over here as opposed to the Eurobox type is the solid quality/wood etc., but I'm afraid it ain't that hot! Unless it's just Gulfstream quality control...dreadful.

Anyhoo, I'll maybe contact Haldex direct for advice, I believe most American companies give excellent service, compared to most British can't be bothered firms. Unless someone spots this post who knows exactly what I need to do. The ride height isn't as important. Happy Travels!

Tom from England.