Thread: Bedroom TV
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
rdlamb

The Jensen has a converter on the electrical cord that decreases the incoming electric current from 110v to 12v. For reasons probably due to the electrical circuits and being able to run the TV off the coach batteries, the engineers cut the line and wired the TV directly into the 12v system.

I changed the Jensen to a 27" Sony Bravida, which I plugged directly into the 110 along with the satellite and DVD systems. (I put a multibox in the top slot, and plugged it into the outlet in the bathroom cabinet. Why the engineers did that I still wonder.

The Sony was to big for the swinging door and slot provided. I had to put a 3/8 plywood backing into the TV space, then a wall mount for the TV, then put the TV on the wall mount. The bedroom slide clears the TV but you have to make sure it is parallel before closing the slide.

Otherwise, it looks great, the HD is superb, and next I will add a HD home theater system. Just as soon as I can determine if Sony's Blu-Ray or Toshiba's HD system becomes the standard.

Safe Travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote