View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #11
Roque

Default do not open black and grey water valves at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddlePAT View Post
First time TT owner and I have a couple of questions regarding using the dump station. Please pardon my ignorance if I ask a stupid question

I've read to make sure your camper is level when dumping. How level? Level it just like at the campsite?

Regarding the black water tank flush system, the dump station at the campground we go to has a water hose to rinse with, but it doesn't have a hose fitting on it that I can connect to the camper. That being the case, how can I flush the tank?

This weekend will be my maiden voyage in my 19RBS and I'd really like to do things right! LOL!

Thanks.
Usually level enough at dump station.

Most important reminder is NOT To have both black and grey water valves open at the same time.

When you open the black water tank valve, make sure the grey water valve is CLOSED. When you are done emptying the black water- CLOSE the black water tank valve. Then open the grey water tank valve (with black water tank valve CLOSED) and empty grey water tank. You don't want both valves open at same time to prevent black water from going into grey water tank and contaminating it. After you do it a couple of times, will not be intimidating at all. (other good suggestions posted about how to further clean/flush your black water tank like dumping bucket of water in toilet and draining black water tank second time before draining grey water with understanding that if long line at dump station, maybe don't be as thorough).

Enjoy! (the trip more than time at the dump station
Roque is offline   Reply With Quote