Thread: Rain roof leak
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
Sudsy

Default My leak story

I am currently fighting a leak issue around the forward clearance lights. The drivers side showed signs of water damage on the woodwork. We have had rains like I have not had since I bought this thing and it showed it's leak to me. I tried to remove the light assy and the screws just fell out. They were rusted in half. I have two 3/4 inch spikes that I hope I can get out with vise grips. Someone had removed the light assy's and sealed the with RTV. They even had RTV on the screw heads. This still leaked and filled the plastic light assy's until the empties thru the bulb assy and into the coach. I am replacing the light with LEDs but I have read and if I were keeping my originals I would remove all of the RTV and drill drain holes in the plastic assy's to let the water out. The sun can't even evaporate the water if it's sealed up like that. Every time I find a problem with this coach someone else has been there ahead of me.

Sudsy