View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
Chuck v

Hey guys!

Just replaced the starter battery pair in my '07 Tour Master 40C (built in late 2006...) and found the best deal I could get was through my local Freightliner dealer. They stock the Interstate sealed Group 31 battery rated at 1010 CCA , part number 22601. Out the door they were only $83.15 each (instant credit for the core charge since I took my old ones in when I went there to pick these up.) Plus, the parts department there is open until 11 PM at night so I did not have to deal with rush hour traffic to get there during "normal business hours" like some battery houses!

Next I plan on replacing the 4 each 6 volt golf cart type batteries for the inverter -- found them locally for about $79 each instead of the camping world price of $149. I appreciate that Camping World has a good selection of a broad range of needed supplies and parts for our coaches, but it still pays to shop around on the big ticket items. I recently got my toad set up with all Roadmaster equipment for about $1000 less than the quote from CW, and still used top of the line Sterling bar, Brakemaster 9160 air system, etc. with professional installation.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote