View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
03heritagerider

Quote:
I am not sure I understand how one cable from the satellite receiver can be hooked up to multiple satellite receiver boxes and can show different channels on the two different tv's?
I don't think you can. As far as I've been told by DirectTV techs and others, the splitter needs to be between the dish and the receiver box(s)

Most antenna dishes have two leads coming out. Those two leads go into a SAT splitter that can have as many as eight outputs (The splitter has to be specific to your satellite service provider). Each output needs to go to a receiver box and can not be split again. If you do, only one will get a picture.

I have 3 TV's (Living room Bedroom and Outside bay), so I bought a splitter that is capable of outputting to 4 receiver boxes. I hooked one output to the "CATV IN" and one to the "SAT IN" connections in the electrical bay. I then connected the CATV coax in the AV compartment to the receiver box for the living room TV and the SAT coax to the receiver box for the bedroom.

Since there are only two internal wires running through the coach I lay a third line on the ground under the coach that goes directly to the third receiver box in the outside TV bay.

I hope that some of this made sense.