View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
Chuck v

The Tour Master T40C is typical quality for the price point and has many features that make it desirable for live-aboard use as was the case for my coach. No RV is issue free as you noted, and slides are a big part of this for any manufacture's models. Please note that the big diesel coaches are no longer made by Gulfstream so that is likely a part of what you are hearing from the dealers regarding recommendations.

If you are considering buying this coach from a dealer, be sure to get details on how they warranty it. Regular maintenance items that should be current are the tires of course (check for the DOT date codes on all tires...the tread condition is not the primary indicator of remaining life) and never run tires older than 7 years. There are three banks of batteries in my coach -- a pair of main engine diesel start batteries, a pair of house batteries, and a set of 4 golf cart batteries up under the windshield that run the inverter and start the diesel generator. Plan on replacing all of them (or make it part of the sales deal if at a dealer...) so you can be sure of the maintenance schedule going forward.

I did have the main slide guide plate replaced and the seals renewed when I bought this coach used. I have never had any issues with the switches or the hydraulic slide mechanism.

There were two engines offered in the 2007 T40C and mine has the Mercedes 330 HP which was more than adequate for my needs. The other engine is the 400 HP Cummins which I am sure is also a good choice but a bit less miserly in fuel.

What I like about this model/floorplan coach is the very large shower, 23 cu ft residential refrigerator, stacked washer and separate dryer, and plenty of storage. I upgraded all the electronics in my coach to full HD TVs and Blu-ray disc players -- don't know if the 2008 model already made those changes.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote