View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 06:53 AM   #19
pwerwagn

I have not pulled the trigger yet. I was planning to do it before this trip I am on, but ran out of time.

I am considering 5.57 and 6th gear. That combo will lower my 70mph rpm by ~250rpm or so, and give me more low end.

I’ve put about 1k miles on it this past week on our trip and the Horton fan makes a world of difference. I have not put it on a temp sensor yet so I have to pay attention to temps, but I’ve been turning the fan off on most hills and it seems to make at least 5mph difference, and even more on the hills that I downshift out of 5th. Spinning 3000 in 4th you can absolutely feel the power difference with the fan on vs off. I put a small pusher fan in front of the condenser hoping that was enough air for 90% of the time, but hills in NM and 100* heat need the big fan more like ~30% of the time. Around town though, the small elec fan works good, just not enough fan for the freeway and hills and heat.

The FICM repair seemed to make a big difference too in how it runs. It smoothed it out a lot. I also threw some archoil 9100 in the T6 when I changed oil and it got rid of the small shudder at ~2500 under load, so that likely was stiction in a spoolvalve.

My ICP or pigtail seems to have gone bad again and I left my spare at home. So I can’t run the MP8 right now. It actually seemed to help a lot more after I had the FICM rebuilt, so perhaps the MP8 was stressing the FICM and I wasn’t getting the power I should have.

When I get back I’m planning to do the PHP Orion Tyne first, and if I still need a little more I’ll do the gears and 6th enable.

Otherwise it’s running great now!!

Jeff
pwerwagn is offline   Reply With Quote