Thread: SN Shocks
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 07:31 AM   #7
Tonyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwerwagn View Post
No, they are not the sulastic or aerospace velvet ride's. I have used those on other trucks, they work pretty good for removing the small expansion joint type bumps. Those are a rubber torsion bushing inside a 2 piece shackle setup.

My setup, the full shackle assy is mounted to rubber shear blocks. I will take some pics.

Also, here is the new website to the road kings. King is marketing them as a different shock now, under hdshocks.

https://www.hdshocks.com/

--Jeff
Thanks, yes, some pictures would be great! Thanks for the link. Sulastic doesn't make a shackle for the 4200 series as the chassis uses a slipper on each end of the spring pack with a single axle-locater "spring" in the middle of the pack.

I'm going to reinstall the rectangular OEM "bump stops" and remove the Tembrens. It turns out that the OEM bump stop is not really a bump stop, but rather it's a rubber auxiliary spring with a 4500 lb rating similar to the Tembrens. Navistar part 3554205C2. Apparently, it was an option available from International which GS selected for the SN. The Trmbens, from what I can tell, were fully compressed, not sure they really did anything. Perhaps their load rating was overly optimistic. They appeared kind of flimsy as compared to the OEM ones.