View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #8
Leisure Time Larry

Hi Mark,

It may be worthwhile to check to see what converter is in your 5230. Mine has a Progressive Dynamics Iteli Power 9100 series model, which allowed me to install a Charge Wizard pendant. For $25, I was able to turn my converter into a smart charger. Now I just leave my motorhome plugged into shore power all of the time when in storage.

Otherwise, I think either of your suggested options are fine.

To answer hossross, I do believe that the converter has its own connection to the battery(s) and will charge regardless of what position the OFF/ON switch is in.

Last observation, that LP detector in the photo looks original. They have a limited lifespan of about 7 years. They will just start going off randomly to let you know it is for sure time. I recommend planning to change it soon to avoid the terrible audible reminder which will often be at the worst time.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote