Thread: Tank size?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #11
Chuck v

Ray,

Sorry I posted the Friendship plans rather than the 2002 Scenic Cruiser ones. Since your coach is a 8402, it does indeed have the 100/75/75 capacity tanks. That information is now attached below. I am not surprised that you can't go much longer than ten days, even on these larger tanks.

On my Tour Master with the same size tanks, I made a regular habit of draining the tanks on a weekly basis as follows:

At a park hookup while full timing, the gray valve is left open while the black valve is left closed. This allows all the shower and kitchen use gray water to be dealt with immediately during the work week. On Saturday I close the gray valve and do several loads of laundry along with that day's shower which fills the gray tank over 3/4 capacity. Then I drain the black tank, followed by the gray tank to flush out the hoses, etc. During the draining of the tanks, I also use the built in tank flush spray to assist in fully cleaning the tanks. At the end of all this, I re-close the black valve and am ready to start the weekly cycle over again.

In winter when the temperatures are below freezing, I do not leave the gray valve open, as a trickle of water in the hose can freeze and build up to an ice dam. I then drain the gray tank as often as needed during the week, but repeat the Saturday process as usual.

If I were traveling or dry camping, then the tanks would be drained before each disconnect or in the case of dry camping when arriving back at a hookup. Obviously the tanks cannot be too empty, but they can be too full. The only thing to watch out for is to have enough water in the gray tank to properly flush the hoses and fittings immediately after draining the black tank. The built in tank wash/rinse capabilities on the Tour Master is very helpful in all of this...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002 Scenic Crusier spcs for model 8402.jpg (148.4 KB, 1 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote