View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
purduepete12

Hey Dg,

I'd say the best improvement was the last one and it was the least expensive. I changed the camber/caster bushings to increase the "Caster" setting and it really improved drive handling, The Ford factory "Caster" setting is -1 to +7. I could only get it to +1 with the factory bushings. I replaced them with Ingalls 59400 adjustable camber/caster bushings ($30) and set them to maximum caster and had wheel alignment checked and it increased to +4.5. It made a world of difference in the drive handling and now it's like it's on rails. No more wandering at all!
Other improvements include:
1) moving generator from rear storage compartment to front passenger side compartment means no more dragging tailpipe on ramps. It also moved weight to front end and relieved weight on the rear axle.
2) added two extra leafs to rear spring packages. (Go to a truck stop and check rear axle, front axle and total weights and you'll know why)
3) installed Koni shocks all the way around.
4)Had additional storage compartment installed behind rear wheels on passenger side allowing storage for full set of golf clubs.
5) Tightened bolts in cab ceiling to eliminate constant squeaking!
6) Added insulation to front nose fiberglass shell and paneled inside of TV compartment
7) Replaced heavy 26" crt TV with 28" LED (68 watt) LCD TV
I'm probably boring you now!

Pete
purduepete12 is offline   Reply With Quote