View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #11
RayHarkness

Default Re: Slideout Problem

I know this thread was somewhat old. BUT, thought I would throw in some information. We are in the Sarasota Florida area.
We had the back slide, creeping out. I called various RV Dealers, they all stated, to bring it in, they weren't sure. Motor brakes, solenoids all sorts of ideas.
How can I drive it with the slides going OUT.

I contacted a company, Flex Hydraulics, in Sarasota, They obviously do hydraulic repairs, cylinder etc. They came right out, checked the back hydraulic cylinder, and could hear the fluid bypassing in the cylinder. You could hear gurgling or squishing when put power to it. No problem, they said. They removed that bedroom cylinder. Then we tested the front main slide. SAME THING. It was a battle but Bryan got the front cylinder out as well. They took both to the shop, rebuilt the hydraulic cylinders, and then returned and installed them. They made sure fluid was up to proper levels in the Dewald (later bought out by PowerGear-whichwas bought out by Lippert!) System is working great, and I didn't pay a 1000 dollar bill. They advised they can also work on the leveling cylinders as well. No big deal, as they stated to me. REASONABLE PRICE..they treated me right, and got me going. If anybody has any questions, you can always call them. They told me they can rebuild cylinders, if somebody can take them out themselves and send them to them.

All is well. Solenoids were good, no other issues. He said this is VERY common. Reach 10 years in hydraulic cylinders and the seals can go. Dont' waste your time trying to tack thru PowerGear of Dewalt. They didnt' even carry the cylinders anymore. (Lippert now) anybody has a question, [email protected]
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote