View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
davidgs

Default Onan Genset slide out motor won't stop

Bob:

Thanks for your willingness to help.

I have now tracked down the source of my problem. I have an electric motor that screws the gen slide out and in. When the slide out reaches it's full extension, an increase in amp draw occurs and trips the eclectronic slide out controller stopping the motor. There is an adjusting "pot" on the controller box. Turn it to Max and the motor chatters as explained below. Turn it to Min. and the slide won't operate. There is a fine tunning point somewhere in between. I have tried to fine tune it several times and it either worked snd chatters or doesn't. The controller is made by Baker Mfg., H&H Mfg. division. It has a part number 21095. Since it is not hydraulic, is it possible that you may have access to further insructions for this type of controller. My coach is a Gulf stream and although it is 10 years old, There must be some info out there that covwers my situation.

Thanks again Bob for your offer to help.

The reply below to a previous thread may give you some insight to my delema. Also, review my original explanation of my problem. That may help to clarify the below response.

"the chatter is the clutch in the drive motor gearhead. Think of it as a cordless drill that has a clutch. As long as the motor stop after a couple of releases and catches it will be fine. The adjustment point will be a fine line. Not enough and it will not move as you have found out and too much and it causes the clutch to take effect".

David
davidgs is offline   Reply With Quote