View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:13 PM   #10
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruff View Post
Ray the the link I posted for the latches are not the same, they look the same on the outside and while they are similar on the inside the lever is made different from the originals made by Tippert. None of my newer ones have broken at all.
I am glad if they changed the metal from pot metal to something like steel or even aluminum. But the original compartment locks were a piece of junk on the actuator lever. Mine all broke within the first year and I bought the coach brand new. I bought a couple, then I decided to make the part out of steel. I just bought about a yard of 1/8x 1x 36, got the broken part and traced it with a pencil, cut it and took it to an electric grinder and a drill press. Made enough to change them all and I have never had any more problems.

What made a broken door lock so bad is that their was no way to open it up without cutting a hole through metal between the compartments wall to be able to unlock the broken door lock. It was a job I would not recommend to anybody because it was hard and took special cutting equipment.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote