Thread: Power Mirrors
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #9
bharbison2500

MrWilsonSL,

I added a blade fuse-block from AutoZone to for any 12V console items that I couldn't trace out to fine a fuse. I believe the fuse-block has 10 circuits. My Air Horns didn't work either, I replaced the solenoid and ran new wiring to the solenoid from the switch on the dash. The solenoid for my air horns was on the drivers side under the "hood" on the "fire wall", I had to dig it out of the spray foam.

I have found some interesting things just by removing panels and seeing what behind them. My dash air didn't work, I just happened to find two 25A blade fuses tucked up behind the instrument cluster. One of the two fuses was blown, I replaced it and the compressor kicked on. The high side of the Freon was low i had it charged and my dash air is fine. The use of wire nuts from the factory is why some things just quit working or short out. I replace every wire nut I come across with crimp male and female connectors. If you have a Spartan chassis their wiring diagram is a good start even if you can't find your exact year.

Hope that helps.
bharbison2500 is offline   Reply With Quote