View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
RJ82much

Ron,

One of the reasons I jumped into an answer without fully reading Curtis & Diana's comment was that the year of their unit is the same as mine, and I immediately saw red over the memories of our own countertop problem.

The 2005 Sun Voyager apparently used the laminated countertop. They then used mismatched Corian (assumed) backsplash, sink cover & stove covers. The mismatch is gross re: color, thickness, etc. They then glued a laminent to one side of the of the sink covers to simulate butcher block.

One of these days, I'm going to end up with a cracked countertop, or at minimum, separation from the wall because of the defective factory installation (One end of counter raised 5/8 inch off base cabinets.) When it does eventually fail, I will have no recourse with the factory nor the dealer. I will see deeper red than I now see as I order my new, replacement custom countertop locally. I've done this as an upgrade in my house, but am not looking forward to doing this as a repair in my MH (which cost 2 times as much as the house).

Diana, not to upset you, but unfortunately Ron is probably correct about the factory's responsibility in this matter. I missed that XtraRide is an extended warranty. How did you decide to purchase it? Factory, dealer, or your own choice?

I remain confused over the parts not to be covered. Is your new countertop a different color or material? Why can't the stove cover be reused? I think I understand that the backsplash panels may be damaged in removal & need to be replaced. What about damage to the wall? I assume they are glued to the wall. Are the sinks another size or configuration that the original covers can't be reused?

Many questions remain. Continue to talk with us.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote