Thread: Towing
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #9
Chuck v

Flyboy,

If you have a first name I can use to address you I would certainly do so, until I know more I will just use what can be derived from your user name...

My own user name is Chuck V, and I always sign my post as Chuck so you should not have any ambiguity on the name (maybe the font is set too small on your computer screen...)

Yes the specific example I gave above was the one instance that I could find where two vehicle towing was constrained to have the first item to be a fifth wheel, and this was in direct reply to your "only behind a mounted hitch such as a 5th wheel" comment. I did include the link to the whole list that Good Sam published about all the states that allow any sort of three vehicle combinations -- maybe you did not access that link to learn more.

Post #5 in this thread indicates that the OP did find the information linked in my earliest post was helpful to him, and hopefully the second link posted was as well.

Sorry for any confusion in my using the term "conjecture" which was in direct response to your having said "I think..." when describing what laws might have applied. Yes the laws can be quite specific by state and can change at any time -- and I trust that the OP will be thoughtful in finding out specifics, having already expressed curiosity about the topic on this forum...

By your signature I see you were a commercial pilot so I am confident that you are well versed in how rules and regulations can change. Thank you for your contributions to this forum, and for your interest in this topic. We are all here to enjoy RV life in general and to share where we can...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote