View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 02:40 PM   #17
BigBoyAl

Chuck,

Thanks for all your help, I found a manufacturer of new, not remanufactured cooling systems for the Dometic 1292 for under $1500 (Dutch Aire) so I went ahead and ordered parts for it.

RV has a 2000 Watt inverter that some lights, fridge, AC and entertainment. It appears that it is barely big enough for them. Currently I have the chassis batteries and then another two "house batteries" on inverter as you said, based on input from a couple of tech's I would need to add batteries and another inverter if I wanted to run the residential for more than 6 hours of residential fridge and that makes residential lots more expensive. USing existing fridge also eliminates need to remove window to get residential inside and eliminates need for woodwork.

I have a buddy that is a John Deer Mechanic that promised to help me install which gives me much more confidence with the wiring. I guess we will see soon enough as they have parts in stock and should ship in a week or so. Perhaps I can still get out this summer to do some camping with peace of mind.

Thanks again.
Cheers.
BigBoyAl is offline   Reply With Quote