View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
Henning2710

Thank you Bike Dr, that is very helpful.

We've owned a Winnebago DP of nearly the same vintage before and I sure learned a lot during that experience. It was an Oshkosh X-Line (Freightliner XC) chassis with the 6BT 5.9 Cummins and the same Allison MD3060 transmission. Luckily I am willing and able to do a lot of work myself.

This one has had the roof resealed 4 years ago and we're going to have a look at it this weekend. I just have no experience with and limited knowledge of the Tourmaster, so I appreciate your input.

The known issues after speaking with the current owner are:
  • one leveling jack sticks coming back up and needs assistance (new issue that started on a recent trip) (I can probably figure this out or take it off for refurbishment)
  • the air suspension loses pressure after sitting more than a couple of days, but works otherwise, two air bags have been replaced within the last 3 years (this would have to be looked at by a professional)
  • cruise control box in the engine compartment was damaged and cruise is inop, control box will have to be replaced/rewired (I can probably figure this out)
  • cab air has a leak and is inop (I will figure this out and then have a professional flush and refill the system)
  • entry step won't retract (new issue that started on a recent trip) (should be no problem, I've dealt with steps a lot on the previous one and they're no rocket science)
  • some interior light bulbs are out (duh)
  • 2-way fridge is replacement from a much newer 5th wheel, but smaller size than original, works on LP and 120V (I will keep looking for correct size replacement)
  • seam in driver seat is torn, needs to be re-sown (we have a local place that can do this for reasonable money)
  • generator needs a new flex pipe, but works well otherwise (I can do this)
  • engine exhaust flex pipe has been repaired, but will eventually have to be replaced (I can do this)
All other systems work as intended. I would for sure replace all fluids and filters unless there is a record of recent enough maintenance.
Henning2710 is offline   Reply With Quote