View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #8
SlimTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhplumber View Post
ST, Great to see someone take the leap. I am considering on swapping mine to a 6.7 Cummins mainly thinking it will be the most affordable and easiest way to get better reliability. I am pretty good at the fab aspect so I'm thinking getting it in wont be to bad but as far as getting it to run, work with the trans, and have working gauges I'm kind of lost. I don't even know what it will require or where to find what I need. I will be following your build for sure..

A 6.7 repower would be very easy to do. The stock Allison 2500 could be used and I don’t t think you would need to move the transmission back. The only big purchase item would be the Cummins 6.7. You would want to get a complete engine out of a wrecked RV or a delivery truck. DO NOT GET a 6.7 from a Dodge truck. If you get a RV/truck 6.7 ISB it will be basically plug and play. All gauges will work you just need to connect the Cummins J1939 communication bus into the International trucks J1939 communication bus. You may want to open up 6th gear on the Allison transmission as the 6.7 turns a few less RPM than the VT365.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote