Thread: Newbie here...
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #29
TXDego

Default Re: Newbie here...

danmartx, Unfortunately living in TX costs us a bit more than everyone else due to the cost of shipping. We bought our 2011 19RSD for $16K and the it took us several attempts to get a dealer to say yes. The factory is in Indiana, so the farther you get from the factory, the more things will cost due to shipping, its a cost that every dealer must bear, so you have the fixed cost of the trailer that I am assuming all dealers must pay, then you have to add in the shipping costs.

Before we bought our, I spoke with about 20 dealers through the entire US. Ohio seems to have the best pricing, mainly due to their proximity to the dealer. Somewhere at or around $15K is as cheap as you will find these, after that it is a matter of shipping to add in. I got several quotes from shipping companies for hauling through UShip, figure $1K will get a trailer shipped pretty much anywhere to TX. Priced exact same trailer from locations all around US, added in the costs of shipping, etc. Ended up buying our trailer in West Houston, but had to do a fair amount of arm twisting to get them to say yes to our offer of $16K.

Every dealer I spoke with, regardless of location in the US, brought up the shipping cost from factory to their location as a factor in their costs. Every dealer I spoke with sure wanted to sell us a trailer, but everyone sure cried when I started of the discussion of only willing to pay $15K. Always started with this is what I am willing to pay, and left the conversation with you have my number and email, fell free to contact me when you are willing to get serious and make a deal. Sure enough, they always followed up, but none would give me the deal we wanted. Finally, one got hungry enough to get real, and we ended up agreeing on $16K.

There was one poor dealer(Bastrop area) that was so dumb I still can't believe his stupidity. He had two 2010 models on his lot, and he would not come below $16,500, I kept telling him that the 2012 models were out already and that his 2010 models were dropping in value daily, but he still would not bite. I would not have been willing to pay more than $14K for a 2010 model due to all the problems the 2010's had that they fixed in the 2011 model, but still, poor guys going to have to find a sucker or hope a tornado comes through this lot to get rid of those 2010's.

Good Luck!
TXDego is offline   Reply With Quote