View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
RJ82much

11B,

You are now another victim of the ole' "spin-the-seat & rip-out-the-wire" ploy that Gulf Stream incorporates to keep themselves near & dear in your heart.

There should only be 2 wires getting thru the floor to each power seat; a red (+12V DC power) and the black ground.

I was lucky when my wife spun her seat - an electrical connector unplugged which was easily reattached. Others have reported that their wires were ripped out of wire nuts during the chair-spin procedure.

Whichever is the case in your unit, look for another red wire and black wire & get them back together. I had to look on the wall side under the seat to find the "unsprung" connector w/wires, but it is there. That should be sufficient to re-establish motion. If it doesn't, that means that a 20 amp circuit breaker tripped (in your power compartment) but your driver's seat would have also stopped working. Also, I think your ignition may have to be on for motion?

I want to mention that it is nice to read of your satisfaction with your gleaming & glittering ride, as well as Dealer & GS Service.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote