View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Dish System & Sony surround system

Well I spent most of the day getting my dish shstem working in the MH. I have a 2004 Sun Voyager model # 8379.
If gulf Stream would have only provided information to me in the way of a operators manual it could have saved me a lot of time.
I was told by La Mesa that I needed to run another line to hook up the portable Sat. dish to but after talking to others I found out that the MH already has a hook-up for this purpose located in the rear compartment where the electric cord is located. All I had to do was install an AB switch so I could choose between the portable and the one on the roof.
Another place they could have saved me a lot of time was with the Sony surround system. I could not figure out why the FM radio in it would not work, after pulling my hair out I find the antenna amp. has to be turned on. Never knew that. I knew it muct be on for bat wing antenna but for the FM radio.
That is one big difference between Winnebago and Gulfstream, Winnebago give you a operators manual that tells you how to run the system, but Gulfstream gives you a manual that tells you hardly anything.
I guess over time you will learn but boy I sure get pissed trying to figure it out.