View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #4
by8s

Our Friendship Quattro rides and handles well. We don't have the Mercedes engine, but have read some good things about them. The factory makes some boo-boos on some units and on ours the refrigerator drain hose end was pinched off and the previous owner evidently was oblivious to it. I found it and fixed it, but the floor in front of the refrigerator was damaged and I am now in the process of replacing a section of floor and tile. Not fun for a full timer. The only problem I've had with the chassis so far is an intermittent headlight problem, probably a ground problem. The real down side is that some Freightliner dealers don't want to work on motor homes. I was a victim of one of the worst ones. However, in your part of the country, I have heard better reports than out here. The factory shop in South Carolina is excellent. There is a Freightliner Chassis Owners Club and they have a website: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/FCOC with some good information. All other problems have been typical of any motor home.
Good Luck.
Bob
by8s is offline   Reply With Quote